Simple food groups which are easy to access may help to reduce the risk of eye diseases like Dry-Eye and Macular degeneration.
Eating the following foods each containing essential vitamins and minerals will be beneficial;
- Oranges (Citrus fruit group)- are a source of Vitamin C
- Nuts & Oils (Supplementary food group)- are a source of Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin E
- Spinach (Leafy greens group)- are a source of lutein
- Whole grains (Low GI foods)- are a source of Zinc and Vitamin E
- Eggs (Protein foods)- are a source of Vitamin A and lutein