It is easy to keep your eyes healthy with these handy tips. A download is also available below.
- Wash your face before bed every day and remove makeup residue. Do not share things like makeup brushes.
- Do not rub your eyes. There is a higher risk of viral and bacterial infections in winter and your hands and fingers can transfer these to your eyes.
- Keep your body hydrated to help your eyes retain their moisture. Experts recommend that you drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Blink a lot. This causes the production of tears to keep your eyes adequately lubricated.
- Keep a safe distance from heaters and aircon vents. Use a humidifier in conjunction with your heaters to keep essential moisture levels in the air.
- Artificial tears (tear drops) keep your eyes moistened with a specific combination of oil, mucus and water.
- Protect your eyes from glaring sun and damaging UV rays with quality sunglasses that have UV protection.
- Always use protective eyewear if your work involves extremely bright light, dangerous chemicals, flying sparks/ fragments or dust.
- If you cannot avoid digital screens, keep them at a safe distance from your eyes and take regular breaks.
Good Eye Care
- Avoid driving at night and if you must, make sure that your vehicle’s windscreen is clean. Also ensure that your headlights are bright enough.
- Omega-3 based fatty acids, found in fish like tuna, mackerel and halibut, help retain eye moisture.
- Contact an eye doctor immediately when you experience anything wrong with your eyes. Act fast.
Download and share
Right-click or touch and hold the image, then choose “Save link as”