Start with your right eye.
Once you have opened the lens container, removed and examined the lens, follow these steps to apply the lens to your eye:
- Place the lens on the tip of your forefinger
- Place the middle finger of the same hand close to your lower eyelashes and pull down the lower lid.
- Use the forefinger or middle finger of the other hand to lift the upper lid.
- Place the lens on the eye.
- Gently release the lids and blink. The lens will centre automatically.
- Use the same technique when inserting the lens for your left eye.
There are other methods of lens placement. If the above method is difficult for you, then optometrist will provide an alternative method.
Note: If after placement of the lens, your vision is blurred, check for the following:
- The lens is not centred on the eye
- If the lens is centred, remove the lens and check for the following:
a. Cosmetics or oils on the lens. Rinse the lens with rinsing solution and reinsert.
b. The lens is on the wrong eye.
c. The lens is inside-out
If you find that your vision is still blurred after checking the above possibilities, remove both lenses and consult your eye care practitioner.
If a lens becomes less comfortable than when it was first inserted or if it is markedly uncomfortable upon insertion, remove the lens immediately and contact your eye care practitioner.
After you have successfully inserted your lenses, you should ask yourself:
- How do the lenses feel on my eyes?
- How do my eyes look?
- Do I see well?
If your examination shows any problems IMMEDIATELY REMOVE YOUR LENSES AND CONTACT YOUR EYE CARE PRACTITIONER.